Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

purple carnations


I made this bouquet almost as an afterthought for the Bridal U show. Carnations have gotten a bad rap over the last several years as being "common fare," but just look at these purple beauties! I made several bouquets using flowers that the ladies may not not have seen before but this was the one that attracted the most attention. Nowadays there many carnation hybrids that are just awesome that lend themselves to some exciting color combinations. We (including myself,) need to give these classic flowers a chance!

2 comments:

  1. Stacey - wow. I wish I knew you when I got married (ages ago!). I've never seen a carnation look so amazing! This bouquet is so "me" even with that "common flower." Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. carnations get a bad rap, i went through a very long phase of thinking them of them as "lowbrow" but they really are lovely and extremely useful. the purple, lavender and green are fairly new hybrids and very beautiful. glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete